Brescia University is dedicated to providing a safe, protected and orderly environment and considers the safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff, and visitors to be of paramount importance. The University employs a professional security staff to protect the members of the campus community.
With a valid Brescia University ID, members of the Brescia University community may enjoy access to academic, recreational, and administrative facilities on campus. Access to the residence halls is limited to students living in those facilities and their guests. The public may attend cultural and athletic events in the facilities where the events are held.
Building and Office Security Tips
- Lock your room, office, and vehicle when unoccupied
- Do not leave items unattended in common areas
- Walk in well-lighted areas
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Do not travel alone at night
- Let someone know when you see suspicious activity
When reporting suspicious activity, be alert to the behavior and circumstances of the person or situation that appears suspicious. The behavior or circumstances should demonstrate acts that raise your suspicion and cause concern for safety. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Persons monitoring areas, entrances to buildings or buildings
- Persons wearing clothing not consistent with weather conditions
- Abandoned items such as packages and backpacks
- Unexplained/unusual odors
- A group of individuals that appear to monitor pedestrian behavior
- Abandoned vehicles or unfamiliar parked vehicles
- Concern for the health or safety of a fellow Bearcat
Reports can be made through:
- Campus Security or our Student Affairs Administrator On Call at 270-686-4300.
- CARE Team Student of Concern Form
- Student Affairs Incident Report
- Dr. Lori Etheridge, Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students, 270-686-4332
- Mrs. Melissa Scuderi, Director of Residence Life, 270-686-4332
- Ms. Tammy Keller, Human Resources Director & Title IX Coordinator 270-686-4246
In all emergencies, we encourage you to contact 911 and then a university official.
For immediate help, dial 270-686-4300 for Brescia Security (Nighthawk Security) and 911 for area law enforcement. For escort service by a security guard, call 270-686-4300.
In compliance with the Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, Brescia University reports all on-campus crimes as defined by the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting System.